Thursday, 8 March 2012
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Stakeholder Management Seminar 22nd March 2012 – Lagos
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and
Stakeholder Management Seminar
22nd March 2012 – Lagos
Who are we and what do we do?
C.E.S.C is a new Corporate Social Responsibility & Environmental Consultancy firm based in Lagos
and London. Our services cover all aspects of CSR, with a particular focus on community
development, climate change, sustainability, SMEs and leadership. We work with prominent
businesses from the oil and gas, financial services, tourism and telecommunications sectors.
What can you expect from our event?
The aim of our event is to facilitate an effective roundtable format for discussion of sustainability
issues, and to bring corporate social responsibility (CSR) practitioners together in the Nigerian
What will the programme include?
Nigeria is emerging as a leader in CSR within Africa. Many companies in Nigeria have responded
positively to the country's initiatives and positive examples of best practice are emerging continually.
This seminar will review these developments and put them into context.
• What is the Nigerian context and what have the challenges been?
• How have companies responded?
• What are the examples of best practice?
• What are the main drivers of success?
• What are the challenges ahead?
Our seminar will also provide insights on CSR from a leading member of the Nigerian business
community on the following matters:
• How do CEOs build CSR into the DNA of their companies?
• What are the best ways to engage with stakeholders and respond to their needs?
• What have been the main drivers of success?
• What more needs to be done?
How can we help you?
Community engagement is a central component of CSR and recipients benefit hugely from effective
programmes. We will help you take the first step towards achieve your individual goals by discussing
the following topical items:
• How can companies use their CSR programmes to engage with key stakeholders?
• What methods and standards can be adopted to show stakeholders that companies have
business models that are responsible and sustainable?
• Examples of best practice and how they can be communicated effectively to the marketplace
• How do you build an effective community programme?
• How can companies build sustainable relationships with communities and NGOs?
We look forward to seeing you there!
Date: Thursday, 22 March 2012
Time: 10am - 12pm (light meals will be served from 9:30am)
Location: The Marina Suite
Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel
1A Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue
Please RSVP by sending an email confirming attendance to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to ask any questions prior to the launch please contact Oladimeji Belo at
dimeji.belo@cescconsulting or Joseph Olawole Shojobi at email@example.com.